Over the past two years my life has changed drastically and for a moment I couldn’t handle it all. One day it hit me like never before and I asked myself are you going to stay stuck or move forward? In that moment I decided to move forward like never before. So here are my top 5 tips to glow up and move on…
- Embrace your truth of the situation. No matter what there will always be multiples sides to any story or situation. In my case I silenced the noise and embraced my truth.
- Always always put God first in all that you do! My favorite verse proverbs 3:5 -6 burned in my heart. It says “trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path.” I took this verse and ran with it!! Holding to it’s truth and putting it to action has helped me make some tough decisions.
- Lean on friends and family! So grateful for those who were just there to laugh with, cry with, or bust a dance with. If you’ve been following me for sometime now you already know I loveee to dance #mytherapy
- Do what makes you happy. Man it feels good to finally be making choices and decisions that truly make me happy. Some things I enjoy are dancing, bike riding, going to local events, blogging, and of course a little shopping here and there. I mean I have to treat myself right 😉 (One of the biggest changes was my career change but I’ll save that for another post)
- Last but not least just breathe. Nothing happens over night and stressing about it takes the glow away. I want my glow to stay so I’ve been breathing and living in the moments. Finally owning who and whose I am like never before.
I hope these super small tips help you in some way. Again nothing happens over night and everything takes times. Another tip I’ve been doing is reminding myself daily that “my life doesn’t have to look like anyone else’s.” Simple but so profound and full of depth. I found myself comparing where I was in life verses where my friends were, I had to stop that with the quickness. At the end of the day it’s my life and my choices and I choose to Glow Up and move on.
Okay y’all I am out because I promise I could go on and on. What I’ve been through has changed me for the better and I see it now! Tamar is giving me life in this giphy and capturing exactly how I feel with my Glow…..
Let me know what’s helped you to “Glow Up” in the comments below.