Candlelight Concerts are the best way to enjoy a beautiful night out enjoying live music in some of the most iconic locations. As a pre- Valentines Day special I went to Charleston’s very first Candlelight Concert held at The Unitarian Church. The most beautiful church with high ceilings and stained glass windows. Now image that with candles lit all around listen to the sounds of live musicians. Amazing right!!
This was their Valentine’s special that featured songs by Romeo & Juliet and more. We enjoyed the night with sounds of loved played by a quartet for sixty minutes that seemed to fly by. I couldn’t stop swaying my head and humming the lovely tunes. This was the line up
- “Moon River” from Breakfast at Tiffany’s – Henry Mancini
- “Fantasy Overture” from Romeo and Juliet – Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- “Love Theme” from Romeo and Juliet – Nino Rota
- “O Mio Babbino Caro” from Gianni Schicchi – Giacomo Puccini
- “Méditation” from Thaïs – Jules Massenet
- “Gabriel’s Oboe” from The Mission – Ennio Morricone
- “String Quartet in D Minor, Op. 56 “Voces intimae”: 2. Vivace” – Jean Sibelius
- “As Time Goes By” from Casablanca – Herman Hupfeld
- “Serenade for Strings in E Minor, Op. 20: II. Larghetto” – Edward Elgar
- “Libertango” – Astor Piazzolla
- “True Love Waits” – Radiohead
- “Serenade for Strings Orchestra in C Major, Op. 48, TH 48: III. Elegie; larghetto elegiaco” – Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- “Intermezzo” from Cavalleria Rusticana – Pietro Mascagni
- “Clair de Lune, L.32” – Claude Debussy
The quartet did an amazing job of keeping the audience engaged and in the know what songs came next. Before I knew it the night was over and my heart was full. Great music, great company, and a beautiful scenery.
My Outfit Of The Night
I went with a simple yet classy look. I wore my sleek and sexy black dress from It’s the Lewk, clear sparkly heels from Shoedazzle, jewelry from Verano Hill, and a simple red lip from Mac in Rubywoo.
If you’d like to enjoy a Candlelight Concert head to FeverUp and see when and where they’ll be playing in your area. I promise you won’t regret it!
You must be logged in to post a comment.